silkbedding4u.com News & Articles
Guide: Selecting Your Silk Bedding Products
- Silk Sheet Sets: If you are buying silk bedding product for the first time, silk sheet set will be a good choice before you invest in higher cost silk bedding products. Most venders have the sheet sets are always ready and in-stock for immediate shipping. You can enjoy your silk bedding in no time. Although the color can be limited, lower momme silk crepe generally offers more colors than the higher momme silk crepe. For 12 - 18 momme (mm) Habutai silk, if you take good care of them, they can last for a long time as well. Most cost-effective and still comfortable silk crepe is the 19mm silk crepe. Momme higher than 19mm offers thicker materials and sometimes can be not as soft or comfortable as lower momme materials. Higher momme material is stronger if it is seamless. Seemed sheets usually break from the seem with use and abuse doesn't matter how thick the crepe is.
- Silk Pillow Cases/Shams: Because of the silk breathable property, it can prevent oil substance secreted from your hair and face to smear and contaminate your precious facial skin. Silk pillow cases are the best gift for teenagers as their hormone secretion are in the peak. You can choose to get many different colors and decorate your room to suit your mood or season. Since silk pillow is light and easy to ship, shipping cost is affordable. If you like zipper, make sure the zipper is at the side of the pillow cases or shams. Invisible zipper is the best. As comfort goes, pillow cases or shams without zipper is more comfortable in general, although you have to worry about the pillow showing through. Ask how many inches overlap the opening is, 4 inches is minimum requirement. The more opverlapping the opening is, the more protection for your pillows and can tolerate thicker pillows.
- Silk Fitted Sheet: The silk fitted sheet basically contact 50% of your body which gives you more than 50% of comfort throughout the night. Silk fabric has multiple benefits for human body. Make sure you measure your mattress before you make the order, specially the mattress thickness. If there is not choice, choose the fitted sheet that cover the most mattress thickness. Say you have a 10-inch mattress thickness, the fitted sheet offers for 8-inch and 12-inch mattress coverage of the same size mattress, choose the 12-inch coverage so the mattress will not show through when you make the bed.
- Silk Flat Sheet: Silk flat shee will drapes and cover more than 75% of your body when you sleep. It is easy to take care and fold away for storage. If you like, you can use the silk flat sheet as a photo background, a room partition, a baby carrier, and more..... Because the flat sheet is flat and rectangle, you can use it as a fitted sheet using the hospital-style bed making.
- Silk Comforter: Here we are talking about silk-filled comforters. Some venders will sell you "silk comforter" with silk crepe shell but polyester or other filling inside the comforter. That is expensive because the cover (shell) is make of silk crepe (shilk sheet). However, it is not the true luxury comforter. There is a big different with silk filling and other material fillings. Silk filled comforter with cotton shell is a lot more comfortable and less expenssive than polyester filled comforter with silk shell. People who ever had experienced silk-filled comforters will never resort for any other material filled comforters. Silk-filled comforters also last a long time, therefore, compare to time and cost, silk-filled comfroters is actually cost less. Silk comforter costs a lot more because of it silk filling. Silk price is determined in weight not in thread counts. The heavier the silk, the more warmth-keeping property, therefore, more pricy. You can have one light weight silk filling comforter for summer and a medium weight silk filling comforter for spring and fall. When Winter comes, depends where you are, you can have a heavy weight silk filling comforter or combine both your light weight and medium weight comforter in one duvet cover to help you through the cold winter. For economical and long-lasting properties, you may want to have a silk filling comforter and a high thread count cotton. Use a duvet cover for its protection or for decoration purpose. You may not need ever dry clean your silk filled comforters as you wash your duvet cover every 2 weeks or more often. Silk does not attract odor like other materials. A silk-filled comforters with shilk shell double its breadability and comforter degree. Silk sheet does not stain easily. Expose your silk comforters to hot air breezy day on a sunny day restors its fluffiness. About the silk filling, 100% long floss mulberry silk filling is the most expenssive. This type of filling will not cramp together but will become flatter overtime. The flatness does not interfere with comfort at all, just the look. There is also tussah silk, which is the short silk fiber. If a silk comforter is 100% tussah silk-filled, it is less expenssive, but it will cramp together overtime thus create uneveness and interfere with heat regulation. The best filling and cost-effective is the 50% long floos and 50% short fibers combination. The short fibers are flattened, evenly placed, and secured by the hand-stretched layers of long floss through out the comforter. This provides the fluffiness and prevent the cramping overtime. The best of the 2 combination. While silk is 100% organic, there is also Tensil which is synthetic silk. This material fills just like silk and posess most of the silk properties. The price may or may not be less expenssive, but it tends to last longer than true silk.
Silk filling with cotton shell cover is less expensive but weight more, while silk filling with silk shell cover is at higher cost but weight less, therefore provides more contact comfort and less heavy filling on your body. Most of people who buy silk filled comforters uses duvet cover. Therefore most popular cotton shell and silk shell is ivory color. Some people likes to use silk filled comforter with silk shell without duvet cover as silk has stain resistant property, some vender also provide color silk shells. Most silk shells outside of silk filled comforters are made of Habutai silk which is softer and thinner (this means lowever momme weight). Habutai silk varies from 10-18mm. 10mm is the softest, and 18mm is the strongest. 10-12mm silk shell is resonabl that most factory uses for silk shell.
- Duvet Cover: Most of the US residents do not have the habit of using duvet cover. That's why the comforter is usually used on top of the flat sheet. The concern is about the comforter's care cost. Therefore, when use the flat sheet before the comforter will lessen the frequency of the comforter cleaning and preserve the comforter's life. As a result, no matter what material of the comforter or flat sheet, having comforter separated from the flat sheet in the morning are extremely common. Duvet cover is a step up protection for the comforter. Washing duvet cover is easier than washing the comforter. However, having a duvet cover can cover your beautiful comforter from showing. Duvet cover can be more time consuming when changing your bed as well. You decide. Click here to watch the how to change duvet cover video.
Silkbedding4u.com let your custom order you're bedding needs. It usually take no more than 30 business days for any custom order. The superior silk bedding products from silkbedding4u.com are worth the wait time. While you wait, please come in to our website to learn more about silk products.
Silkbedding4u.com offers our customer the most choices and combination of the comforter sizes and variety with our unique duvet covers. Silkbedding4u's philosophy is simplicity. Solid color attests to time. Solid color changes ambient mood. Solid color can use as a compliment or accent color. As for sizes, all products can be customizing to suit your bedding needs. Please Contact Us for any custom order.